Migrating to Conversio from Mailchimp
Once you have ticked all the boxes as per the checklist below, we recommend that you remove your Mailchimp integration from your Shopify store.
You can migrate from Mailchimp to Conversio in five -ish steps:
- Install our Shopify app and connect your store to Conversio
- Import your contact lists from Mailchimp via CSV file
- Switch your signup forms / popups to capture new subscribers in Conversio
- Replicate and build your email campaigns
- Sunset your Mailchimp account
- Bonus: Explore the new tools
Install our Shopify app and connect your store to Conversio
The quickest way to get started with Conversio is to install our Shopify App and follow the prompts (which will create your account and guide you through the initial setup). Once installed, Conversio will sync all of your Shopify customer and orders data already.
Import your contact lists from Mailchimp
After installing Conversio's Shopify App, we will already have imported all of your customer data from Shopify. These customer contacts will be available via some default lists and some dynamic segments that we create for you to get started.
You however likely also have other or additional contacts / subscribers in Mailchimp lists.
Switch your signup forms / popups to capture new subscribers in Conversio
Next step is to determine from where you are currently capturing new email subscribers and then redirect those to Conversio instead. There are broadly ways to do this:
- If you are using a default / generic sign up form that was included in your Shopify theme. To sync those subscribers to Conversio, just enable your Accepted Marketing list.
- If you are using a Mailchimp form, you'll need to switch that for a similar Conversio form. This is how you can do this.
- If you're using a separate app for your popups or other lead captures, you will need to separately connect them with Conversio. Here's a list of all the popup / lead capture apps with which Conversio integrates.
Replicate and build your email campaigns
The next step is the most arduous task, because there is no way to programmatically copy your existing Mailchimp campaigns and emails. Conversio visual workflows editor and email editor however makes this as easy as possible.
We recommend you follow these steps to replicate and build your campaigns in Conversio:
- Create a default theme in Conversio, which is the foundation to build and design all of your other emails.
- Make a list of all the current automated campaigns that you have activated in Mailchimp. This list becomes yours "to do list", as you will want to make sure that you replicate all of them.
- Browse our extensive library of Recipes for Workflows. If there is a workflow that (closely) matches a Mailchimp automated campaign, then start with the recipe and customise it accordingly. If we don't have an existing Recipe for you, build the Workflow from scratch.
Sunset your Mailchimp account
Before completely closing your Mailchimp account, we recommend the following:
- Export your Mailchimp contact lists to CSV files and store those in a safe place as a backup.
- Take screenshots of the most significant reports for newsletter and automated campaigns. This will be a good benchmark for you to compare to your new Conversio campaigns.
Thereafter it is safe to remove the Mailchimp integration from your Shopify store and also close your Mailchimp account.
Bonus: Explore the new tools
Conversio is unique in the way that we have email marketing tools (like Mailchimp) AND additional tools for product reviews, user-generated content and social proof. So once you have the "basics" from your Mailchimp account migrated and set up in Conversio, we suggest exploring our additional tools. Here's a few ideas to get started:
- Our Brand Trust Platform is a great overview of all of the unique tools that are available to you.
- Boost your abandoned cart recovery rate by including your product ratings in your email campaigns.
- Turn your abandoned cart email campaign into a salesperson.
- Collect more product reviews and user-generated content.
- Improve your on-site conversion rates by building a trustworthy brand.