At the moment, BigCommerce doesn’t allow you to completely disable their default order confirmation email. We have thus created a workaround to change this e-mail to a “thank you” message instead.
Create Your Template
We’ve made it easy for you to quickly design your new “thank you” note and add it to BigCommerce. Just go to the Notification Templates creator in Conversio and start designing. :)
Once done, click “Get Code” to copy the HTML.
Replace Order Confirmation
- Log into your BigCommerce store, click Storefront > Email Templates.
2. Scroll down the list and select the “invoice_email.html” template. Click 'Edit' next to that template.
3. Click the HTML option.
4. Copy and paste our template into the area. Once done, save and voila! :)
Disabling Other Notifications
By default BigCommerce is also set up to send a customer notification once an order reaches the ”Awaiting Fulfillment” status, which is the status that we use to trigger your Conversio receipt.
You can thus safely disable this notification. Here’s how you can do that:
- In your BigCommerce admin dashboard, go to Settings > Checkout.
- Uncheck the “Status changed to Awaiting Fulfillment” checkbox.