What is a drip campaign?
We'll borrow a definition from Zapier who created a very complete guide about drip marketing (don't worry - you don't have to read the whole guide, because we'll teach you the important stuff here):
"Often called drip campaigns but known by many other names—drip marketing, automated email campaign, lifecycle emails, autoresponders and marketing automation—the concept is the same: they’re a set of marketing emails that will be sent out automatically on a schedule. Perhaps one email will go out as soon as someone signs up, another will go out 3 days later, with one more going out the next weekend. Or, the emails can be varied based on triggers, or actions the person has performed like signing up for your service or making a purchase, which is why they're also sometimes called behavioural emails."
Why would you want to set up a drip campaign in Conversio?
Email newsletters are a great way to keep in touch with your subscribers / customers and sharing your latest news and announcements.
But when a new individual subscribes to your mailing list, they don't get all of the newsletters you sent in the past. A drip campaign fills that gap by sending new subscribers a series of emails, where you can share more details about your company or re-publish some of your best content.
Setting up a simple drip campaign in Conversio
To do this, we will be using Conversio's Follow-Up emails and specifically the "Instantly on Newsletter Subscription" and "Newsletter Subscription" sending rules (learn more about sending rules here).
Follow these quick steps to set up your first drip campaign:
- Go to to the Follow Up Campaigns page in your Conversio dashboard.
- Click the "Create From Scratch" button (top right) and give your campaign a name.
- You will now be redirected to the campaign page, where you can add the first email in the series. Click the "Add A Template" button to add that first email.
- Once you are creating that new email, you can add any content to the email. Importantly you're going to want to specify when this first email is sent. To this, click on the "Rules" tab in your email builder, select the "Instantly On Newsletter Subscription" rule and specify the Customer List to which this applies. This will sent the first email immediately once a new subscriber joins your mailing list.
- Once you have saved that email, go back to the campaign page where you will now add your second email. This time you will want to select the "Newsletter Subscription" sending rule and select a delay (for example: 3 days). This means that the second email in the campaign will be sent 3 days after a subscriber first joined this mailing list.
- Now make sure that you have activated the individual emails in this campaign, as well as the campaign itself. That's it.
Note: If you need to add further emails to this campaign, you can just replicate step 5 to add more emails. You can also skip step 4 if you prefer not to send an email immediately once the subscriber joins the list.